The Official New Zealand road code
New version now available with the below main updates
- Details relating to the decrease in alcohol limits.
- Introduction of 5-year learner and restricted driver licences.
- Explanation of the new-look driver licence cards which were introduced to accommodate the new 5-year learner and restricted driver licences.
- Changes to the evidence of identity requirements for obtaining a driver licence.
- Inclusion of the restricted and full licence test guides which were previously only available online.
- Updates to the child restraint requirements.
- Updates to Warrant of Fitness validity periods (dependent on age of vehicle).
- Changes to the theory test questions as a required by the changes outlined above.
The official New Zealand road code is a user-friendly guide to New Zealand's traffic law and safe driving practices. You will be tested on this information in your theory and practical driving tests. Information in the Licence and study guide section will help you through each stage of your driver licence. It explains the driver licensing system in New Zealand, describes each stage of your driver licence and provides useful information about the theory and practical tests. It also includes most of the questions that you could be asked when you sit the theory test for your learner licence, and a driving skills syllabus to help you and your driving coach when you're learning to drive.
- User-friendly explanations of New Zealand road rules
- A step by step guide to getting your licence
- A driver skills syllabus
- The theory test questions